Friday, September 26, 2008

Wheeewwww!

Well I think we have all exhaled just a little bit. Mom has made it safe and sound to Baylor Rehab and is doing well. Yesterday was just lots of paper work and meet-n-greets. Last night my mom was very brave and sent us all packing around 7:30 p.m. (two hours before visiting hours were over) Thank you for your prayers! The Lord was faithful in anwsering.

Although she was brave and open to staying alone she did not have a good night. Her room mate, Claire, a quadraplegic from West Nile Virus, arrived two days before mom and is having a pretty rough go of it. Her room mate, bless her heart, is having regular middle of the night accidents and needing two showers a night. With the shower on my mom's side of the room, she didnt go to sleep until 3 a.m. :( Please pray that the Lord will deafen my mom's ears to extra noise at night and that a private room will open up soon. Please also pray for Claire. She didnt have any family or visitors yesterday. Please pray that my family can some how bring her comfort and share the good news with her through our actions. And PLEASE, wear OFF! I had NO idea you could become paralized from West Nile.

Today Austin and I are headed to Houston for Cib's Houston Sip n See. I am struggling with leaving but my parents said that they insist we go. Please pray the Lord will use this time for me to gain rest - both waking and sleeping and to spend good quailty time with those friend I hold so close to my heart. And that while I am away my dad would sleep well at night and my mom would have a good over all weekend.

I am taking Cibbers to the hospital before we head out of town and hopefully by Labor and Delivery to show off his favorite nurse Jaclyn her handy work. :) Pray that the visit with my mom and Cib will a time of sweet bonding and that Cib will be quietly awake. :)

No comments: