Saturday, September 20, 2008

A good night




Last night was a MUCH better night. We have some how gotten some one to stay in the ICU with my mom 24/7 now. I think this is a result of sheer determination on my aunt and grandmother's part, and a blessing from above! I am afraid getting out of ICU might be a while. Please continue prayers for acurate medications and little side effects. Please pray for my family as we rotate spending the night at the hospital with little sleep and high emotions.
Yesterday, while she was not mentally present most of the day, my mom had about a 15 minute period right before I left the hospital where she was with me. It made a hard day seem much better. She told me she loves me and we prayed together. When I asked her how I could pray for her she asked for two things. 1) That the Lord make this monumental task ahead of her seem possible in her own mind. 2) That she be an amazing friend to her children. (I cant believe that even NOW she is still the selfless woman I grew up admiring)
This morning was the benefit breakfast here in Eustace. It was a great success! Over 250 people came to show their support for my mom. Here are some pictures of the breakfast and precious Cib there showing his support for Nana. Everyone serving breakfast is wearing yellow: my mom's favorite color.

1 comment:

Tim Weltin said...

The Templetons and Fatherees are in our thoughts and prayers. We know and love Renee and have been blessed firsthand by her tremendous talents, her loving enthusiam and her indomitable spirit. We know that she will draw upon her many gifts along with the the strong support provided by her family, friends and faith in meeting the challenges ahead.

We have had our own powerful experience with love, kindness and prayer directed at our family as our son, Evan, faced life-threatening surgeries and a clouded medical future. We know how amazing the concerted support of caring people, like Renee, can be. Evan has experienced the angst and vulnerability of being in an ICU and again faces those circumstances with his next heart surgery on the horizon. We know what it's like to stand at the bedside of a loved one in that very trying setting. At some point Evan and Renee can share war stories.

The Templetons and Fatherees are great families. Renee is a great person. The struggles ahead are daunting but the love available to help cope with those struggles is infinite. We want you to know that there are many, many people, near and far, cheering all of you on as you continue your journey forward.

Much Love,

Tim, Angela, Evan and all of our family members