Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Prayer Request from Mom

Last night I sat with my mom and we had a sampling of left over cakes from the Houston Sip n See. I laid in bed with her and we looked at recipes for hours. It was a wonderful gift of time with her. As I was leaving I asked her how we can pray for her. Here are her requests:
Prayers for peace and no anxiety. The doctors are still trying to get her meds worked out and as of now we all feel she is being over medicated. We are going to have patient conference, this is where we sit down with mom's team of treating docs, nurses and therapists, on Wednesday to hopefully work this out.
Prayers for sleep. Mom has had no more than 2 hours sleep at a time since 17 days ago. The doctor said this alone would drive any one mad but coupled with her injuries it is causing high anxiety.
Prayers for prayers. Mom said due to the medication she feels she cant keep her prayers up. I have assured her that the Lord knows her heart and the words in it. Please pray that the Lord will give her waking times to talk to Him.

My prayers are for my daddy. Please continue to pray for him. He is such an amazing servant to all my family. Please pray that the Lord will renew his spirit and strength, help him to ask for help when he needs it and find unspeakable peace. I have set up grief counseling for my dad, please pray he finds comfort and favor with this therapist.

Please pray for my younger brother, Russell. He is a freshman at SFA and it is hard on him being away from home for the first time, starting his college career and dealing with all that is going on with mom from afar. Please pray that the Lord will bless his efforts to earn his degree, to giver perseverance, persistence and peace while he is at school.

Cib Update: I am afraid Cib has his first little cold along with Austin and I. Please pray for quick healing for us so we can get back to the tasks at hand.

BAYLOR INSTITUTE FOR REHABILITATION
3505 GASTON AVENUE
DALLAS, TX 75246

3 comments:

cathy said...

Hey Templeton Family,
Praying that you all had a good night & a wonderful day today.I Love you all & will call again soon.

Jennifer Henry said...

Please know I am praying for you!!! I pray you would all feel the Lords strength during this time! Many blessings -

Jennifer Henry

Darlene Carter said...

I am Jason Hoke's mother-in-law. Cindy sent your email to Misty and she forwarded to me. I keep up with your blog each day. It's a blessing to me to start my day with your blog. Your mom and dad have a wonderful daughter and such a beautiful testimony in Christ. Your family is in my prayers and I have passed them on to many others in Oklahoma, Tennessee and of course my native home, Texas. God hears your prayers. We continue to hold all of you in pray.