Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update Wednesday

I have made it out to Eustace with two babies, one granny nanny, one husband, one bestest friend and a crap load of baby equipment. It feels good to know I am even 30 minutes closer to my mom.

I just got back from the hospital. Great news: It looks like a second back surgery to remove bone fragments will not be necessary. Praise the Lord! My mom started more intensive physical therapy today and is very tired. She is still having a mix of emotions but is trying to stay positive. The doctor has removed the pump on the chest tube but not the chest tube itself. They hope to move my mom from ICU this coming Friday and into a room at East Texas Medical. The doctors say they hope to move her to Baylor Dallas next Friday, Sept. 26th

Continued prayers for healing, strength and peace. My mom is very anxious to be out of ICU and have my dad with her over night as these are the 'worrying hours' for her.

Thank you again for your prayers. This has been an incredibly humbling experience so far to need so much help but also to have more help offered than you thought possible. Thank you all for making us feel SO loved and cared for. Bless you!

3 comments:

lots_of_love_four_kids said...

Praying for all of you. God Bless you and give you peace.
-Jenni

HDeuillet said...

Sending you much love and prayers from the Deuillet's. Give your Mom a big hug from us. Nicholas wants to show her his two new teeth!!! He! He! He! XOXO

the dowiaks said...

continuing to pray...