Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Mother: Update

I beseech your prayers. My precious mother suffered a severe back break today while helping my father clear trees from their land. We have been told that this damage will leave her permanently paralyzed from the waste down. In addition her lung is collapsed and some of her ribs are broken. The doctors have said her life is not in danger at this time. PLEASE pray for my mother. Please pray for healing, a miracle of a healing. Please pray for my family. We are all sick with unspeakable grief and yet rejoicing that the Lord did not see fit to take her life. Please send this to anyone who would lift her up in prayer. I know the Lord can heal her. Please pray for that.

My mother is extraordinary. I saw her very briefly twice and although she was very medicated, the first thing she said to me was Please pray that the Lord will show me how to use this for His glory. Please also pray this prayer for her.

My mom spoke of severe burning and pain from her ribs, lung and (the doctors say) nerve ending in her upper back. Please pray that the Lord will take this pain from her. I know her body is in shock and the pain will only grow in the upper part of her body. Please pray she recieves just the right medication to keep her as pain free as possible.

My mom does know her situation. She is very out of it though so we fear she might not remember from day to day. Please pray the Lord will help her absorb and handle this information. Please pray that He will cover her with His feathers (from the psalms) and that she will rest in the Shadow of His wings.

As of now, Austin and I have come home to care for Cib over night and weather the storm in a safe place. We can only see my mom five times a day for 15 minutes. The storm is headed for Tyler and we all decided to get home and be safe. My mom is scheduled to have surgery on Sunday to stabilize her spine to prevent further damage. We are speaking with many doctors to insure that this procedure is done by the best doctors at the best hospital. Please pray the doctors will see her scans clearly and make just the right decisions for a hopeful recovery. That she will be seen by the best of the best. And that the weather will not complicate or limit her options for care.

All of our minds at this point can not wrap themselves around this situation. I honestly feel incredibly numb as I make calls to family, as if I am talking about someone Else's mother. It cant be mine, I just saw her yesterday night and she was fine. Please pray that we can find peace, rest and understanding.

Please also pray that despite the stress of this situation that I might be able to find some rest, be able to eat so that I can continue to breast feed Cib. I want what is very best for him and I pray the Lord will bless my efforts to give that to Cib.

I will keep everyone posted. Thank you for your prayers.

East Texas Medical Center
Tyler, TX

2 comments:

Shara said...

What a crazy thing to happen. We are praying for your mom and for your family.

Granny Nanny said...

We are all praying here and just saw the blog entries. Praise God that Renee is alive with no head trauma. It is all too shocking to absorb --- we will continue prayers and praise God that she WILL hold her Little Cib again and we WILL see that beautiful smile on her face. Our love is with you all - Forever Nancy & Jim