Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blessings

Today was such a blessing and good food for my soul. I saw my mom and she was smiling and in SUCH good spirits. She told me her story about the accident and her testimony is amazing! I thought about posting it but it is not my story to tell. I will wait and let my mother tell you her story. She is an amazing woman and I am honored to be her daughter. Thank you all for your prayers. I felt them today in a real way.

My mom is able to move to a regular room today, they are just waiting for one to become available. They are going to remove the chest tube as soon as possible. When they went to put the second chest tube in they did a confirmation x ray and all the fluid build up was gone! Praise the Lord! She did not have to have the second chest tube. The doctors now have her meds under control and managing her pain as best they can. I was talking to my mom today about when she moves to Baylor and when she gets to go home. She said and I quote, "Losing my legs is a real bummer, but I will glorify God with this. And I can not wait to go home. I understand that going home depends on how hard I work. No pain, No gain." I dont know if I would be so optimistic if I were in my mothers shoes but praise the Lord for His strength in her.

Please continue your prayers. Please pray that my mom would have a strength and peace that is not her own. Please pray that the Lord will calm her fears. That at night she would feel safe and gaurded. That she will be blessed with restful sleep. That her good spirits would continue and as she begins to more fully grieve that the Lord will guide her. That she will not have an infection, pneumonia or blood clots. And that she can be moved to Baylor soon to start the rehabilitation process. Please pray that as my family begins to look ahead to bringing my mom home that the Lord will guide our decisions and make VERY clear His will for our family and my mom's care.

Bless each of you. I pray that the Lord will return blessings to you ten fold.

Cib Update:
My precious son lights up my life even in moments of darkness. He is beginning to smile, laugh and coo. He is taking the formula like a champ and sleeping through the night now. (although we cant seem to shake the 2 a.m. poopy diaper -- like clock work his bowels are)

1 comment:

Missy said...

I am *so* glad that she had a good day today.

Oh, what a week. Makes you realize what is really important.

And I am praying specifically that Cib gets just a little constipated so he can change his schedule and quit waking up his momma :)

xo
mis