Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update

My mom is doing very well and is excited (and a little nervou) about
starting rehab at Baylor. She will be moved to Baylor tomorrow or
Thursday. Her blood count is still low, please pray that this will go
up.

My mom has asked for some specific prayers: that the phantom feet and
leg pains stop. She said she feels like her feet are in cement boots.
She is having similar phantom fellings around her wasteline where live
nerves meet dying ones.

We found out today that Baylor has a kitchen outfitted for her
disability where she can start cooking again. She was really excited
about that!

She also continues to ask us to join her in prayer asking the lord to
use this for his glory and make clear how she can serve him now and
inthe future.

I would ask for prayers for her roommate at Baylor. That this person
will be an uplifting presence and companion for my mom. That each
doctor, nurse, and therapist will me up beat and full of kind
compassion.

Baylor has told us they believe my mom will be in rehab for 8 to 12
weeks. My mom said her goal is to be home by thanksgiving and to have
a huge party because she has a lot to me thankful for.

Today is my brother russells birthday; please pray that despite a
heavy heart that my brother feels loved and joyful today.

4 comments:

Please contact us! said...

Still thinking of you all and praying for you all. Renee is an incredible woman! And is very blessed with such a loving and caring family.
Love
The Browns

Granny Nanny said...

This update is fantastic news! I miss you all! Everyone in Houston town is praying for her and it is helpful to know special things she wants prayer about! She is REALLY something - quite the witness of her faith! God will provide her every need. Please give her a huge hug from us! Prayers will continue! Forever Granny Nanny - hug that baby boy and girl for me too!

Tere Crawley said...

Dear Rusty, Renee' and family,
Renee' I know you can get through this, you are so much stronger than you think! We pray daily for your healing and strength from Georgia. I know God is watching over you and your family because I have asked him to. I wish I could be there with you, holding your hand and giving you strength. Johnny and I pray for you and think of you daily. Just know we are here if you need anything. I have cards full of love and strength on the way to help you get through this rough time. Just remember you can't be a wussie. LOL :) Much love to you all.
Tere

Jen Lee said...

Amber,

I am so encouraged by the news of your mother's progress. It sounds like she has a great attitude, (and a great support system thanks to you!). We're thinking of you and praying for you.