Monday, September 15, 2008

Update Monday sept 15

After the surgery yesterday the doctor told us he had visual
confirmation of the spinal cord sever. He also told us my mom is not
out of the woods. The "immediate threat to her life" will last for
another 7 to 10 days. After that she will be moved to Baylor Dallas
for rehab. Due to her age, she could me ready to go home as soon as 30
days.

Last night was a very very hard one for my mom. Her pain management
was very hard. She is now awake enough to know what has happened and
really understand for the first time. She has been refusing medication
because she says she doesn't want to miss any of our visits or lose
any more time. We are working with the doctor to male sure she can't
refuse meds any more.

Please pray for easy rest for my mom. That the lord will bless her an
extrodinary will to survive and heal. That she would have an unearthly
strength and energy when rehab starts. That for now she will know a
peace that passes all understanding. That today as I begin to cut
through a mountain of red tape and paper work with insurance, social
security, etc that the lord will bless my efforts and give me favor
with those I speak to.

This may seem very cheesy but I feel the lord has given me a song of
comfort. It is called held. I'd says," this is what it means to be
held. This is how it feels to have the sacred torn from your life and
you survive.
This is what it is to be loved and to know that the promise is that
when every thing fell, we would be held."

Thank Jesus for the miracle of my mothers life and for holding her in
the palm of your hand. Praise you soverign king!

4 comments:

The Strubles said...

Amber, Austin and Cib,
You and your family have been in our constant prayers. We pray for your mother and her healing and that you all feel his presence during the horrific time. We are here for antyhing you need. Please let us know how we can help. We love you all and are praying for you.
Love, Meridith, Justin, Emma, Allyson and Tate

HDeuillet said...

You are constantly in our prayers and thoughts. We are on standby just waiting to help in any way. We love you!!!
-Heather, Eric and Nicholas

Missy said...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I was just checking in to see how one of my favorite families were doing and I read this about Amber's mother. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this difficult time. I pray that your mother's pain would be controlled and that God would lay His healing hand on her. If you need ANYTHING at all, especially when she comes to Baylor please let me know! I would be glad to help in ANY way possible!