Monday, July 7, 2008

Update on Cib's arrival date


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! Ours was certainly entertaining! With two trips to labor and delivery this weekend, they have confirmed that I am labor! Unfortunately my labor is not progressing quickly enough to be admitted yet. So after three days of early labor, I am very ready to meet Cib! He is now at zero station (2 is time to push), 50% effaced, but only 1.5 dilated. Ugh...We are trying to remain patient and distracted. We will keep you all posted when labor progresses enough to be admitted to the hospital.

The Doctor has scheduled a cervix softener on July 9th in hopes to get things going. If this does not work, we have a scheduled induction on July 14th/15th.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I know the feeling. Pitocin was the only thing that ever got my babies out. But my dr would do it at 38 weeks...which was heavenly.

I remember Lisa Swank and I had the same due date, maybe a day off. But I induced at 38 weeks and she went OVER her due date! So Maggie was born almost a month before June was - and in different years. Which means 1) Lisa was pregnant a month longer than I was - blech and 2) they didn't get their tax deduction for that year and we did! And btw, the tax deduction is very very nice.