Saturday, July 19, 2008

Checking in from the Grave Yard Shift





Today was a big day for us. Our first outing with Cib to the doctor's office and a visit with Papa Rusty, Uncle Russell and Aunt Trisha. Cib is handling all like a champ! The doctor's report was awesome! He is pooping, tee tee'ing and eating as he should be and the doctor said he is 'impressive' with all the progress he is making. Another answered prayer.

Nursing has been an adventure and I am afraid a full time job. I feel as if the boppy is permanently attached to my waste! :) I am glad to be doing my part though to ensure Cibber's health and happiness. With a total of 12 hours sleep since Monday of this week I am a wee bit emotional but couldn't be more blissfully happy. Austin and I have had several convo's about how lucky we are. Cib hardly ever cries and when he does it is because he is hungry or needs to be changed, then immediately quietens back down. We are so blessed with this (as the Baby whisperer would say) Angel Baby. I love my new life, late nights and all. When I look at my Cibbers and Bits I see the past 6 years of marriage to my best friend and the love of my life. He is my favorite person. Austin continues to be a real trooper. He makes sure I am resting even when I dont want to put the baby down and drinking plenty of water, and getting plenty of back rubs. Thank you again to all of you who are praying for my precious miracle boy! And for all the tasty treats that seem to be streaming into our home! :) We are gobbling it all up and using it for engery to love Cib.

ps- All of Austin's guy friends will be happy to know he heavily protested Cib's outfit today. Saying that bonnets are way out of style! :)

2 comments:

The Strubles said...

Cib is PRECIOUS! We cannot wait to meet him. The Sleepy shirt picture look just like Austin did as a baby.
This is such a special time. Enjoy every minute, sleep when Cib sleeps, take care of one another and cherish every day. You all are blessed. Children are the best gift of all. We love you all and are very happy for you both! Love, Meridith (Justin, Emma, Ally and Tate)

Aunt Cindy said...

Aww, "Hi Nana", "Hi Papa"!