Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whew, what a weekend!

This has been a sad couple days. My Papaw Templeton (Dad's Dad) passed away Saturday afternoon. He suffered from a narrowing of the spine for years as well as an acute loss of memory both past and present. Yesterday we made the trek to Lendona, Texas to remember my papaw. He was a veteran in the Korean war but mostly, to me, he was a quiet and sweet man. He played checkers with me for hours as a child. I always wanted to go first and be red, imagine that, he would patiently remind me that 'Smoke comes before fire' and if I wanted to be first I need to be black. I am not sure why this has stuck with me. Maybe because I struggle daily with inpatience. I feel Papaw was, in his own way, trying to teach me how to be patient. Yesterday I left a red checker with him. I will truly miss him.

My other papaw - mom's dad - is headed to Dallas today for a doctor's appt and possibly surgery. His left aortic arch is blocked at 80% and 90% in his right carotid artery. Please pray for him and my grandmother, Shirrell and Barbara as they are understandly scared. Pray for peace for our family, accuracy and complete success for the doctors involved and a quick recover for my grandfather. These are amazing people in my life. Both incredibly giving and loving.

Thanks for your prayers friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thoughts and prayers for everyone

Granny Nanny said...

I am sorry I couldn't be there for the services - the memories are a good thing - pass them on to Cib. It is hard when loved ones are hurting - praying for all situations - always and forever - Granny Nanny