Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School


Yesterday was a big day!

We made chocolate chip short bread for Cib's new teachers.


Cib's first day of school was a 'Mommy and me' playdate with all the other students and mothers.

Cib instantly made friends. There are only 2 girls in his class of 28!
So there were lots of truck sounds and rough housing.
(Not all coming on the same day of course. Each day there will be 8 in his class)

Next it was out to Richmond, TX for Granny Nanny's Birthday lunch!
Cib made a big splash with all her friends - lots of ooouu and aaahh'ing.

On our way home Cib slept for about 20 minutes and felt that was sufficient for the day's nap.

So, in efforts to entertain the delirious 1 year old we discovered sun glasses!

It took a couple tries to get it just right...


Oh - look mom, I got it!

Wait Mom! What is that fun thing you are holding?!

Ah, and a ham is born!
I am sure me doing the hokie pokie in my bath robe had nothing to do with all the laughter.

All in all, it was a very happy day and maybe a hint of 'He's growing up too fast' pangs.
I love you Cibbers and Bits! Thank you for always making me smile!

After a llloonnnggg day of fun...

It was sleepy time for Mr. Bits and Mommy too!


2 comments:

Please contact us! said...

Oh my gosh he has gotten so grown up! It goes by too quickly. Hope ya'll are getting settled in your beautiful new home! Thinking of you all. Love Lindsey and Ryan

Austin said...

Bits! Go a sleep!