Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Waiting

Over the last couple weeks, maybe a month, I have come to realize that I am at a 'snapping point'. Unresolved greif and anger from my mother's accident, my mind's inability to completely process all the change our family has endured over the past year (moving/job loss) & the dreaded waiting to know if these precious two embryos are meant for this world and the outcome to either scenario

The Lord has spoken to me through a few of those closest to my heart over the last month. First an out of town friend who spoke a harsh truth about my running from grief, the second a girlfriend from my IVF support group who reminded me (unintentionally) that having a baby is not my life's ultimate goal but the pursuit of holiness and just today my wise friend Missy at It'sAlmostNapTime with her pointed words on tension. I just had to share her post. http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2009/11/tension.html#links


It is amazing how the Lord so pursues me daily. Through His word, through my girlfriends, my husband, my son. Even when I want to shut out my maker He reminds me of His infinite wisdom and grace and most of all how desperately I need him.

May the Lord make me more holy through my current trials, no matter their outcome.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New International Version)

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

Granny Nanny said...

Some days - it is hard to focus on ALL the BLESSINGS we have --- but that is best remedy for worry and borrowing trouble! One step at a time --- and don't forget to smell the roses -- the Good Lord will take care of the rest --- and he can do a much better job than we can imagine! Love you ! Forever Nancy