Saturday, December 5, 2009

Merry Christmas

I am sorry I have been in a bloggy slump. But it has been a fun few weeks of holiday activity. Thought I would kick off the season with this Christmas Questionnaire.

Everything you wanted to know about how we celebrate Christmas**

** but didn't care enough to ask

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Cider. I live for spiked hot cider. Oddly I have a cup in hand now.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a child, Santa did not wrap gifts. I plan to carry on that tradition.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White White White. Austin would disagree and say colored colored colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Mid November. Yes, that's right - before Thanksgiving. I enjoy having a nice chunk of time to forget how much work it took to get it all out and up.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Fatheree Christmas Eve Filet Mignon. And my mama's red velvet white chocolate peppermint cake!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Gosh, SO many! My dad always bought me a gift that not even my mom knew about. It ranged from pageant quality dresses with petty coats to hub cabs as I got older. It always made me feel very loved. My dad is Santa!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was 12 I finally believed all those horrible dream bursting kids at school. :(

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No way! Must wait for the grand reveal on Christmas morning - bright and early!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? The living room tree is all 'peppermint' themed red and white. The bedroom tree is more formal burnt orange and gold.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT! Although people in Houston dont handle it well.

12. Can you ice skate? Never been. But when I recently suggested going Austin informed me that I would hate it. Fair enough.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? see #7 Additionally in more recent years my husband always surprises me with a fab purse for Christmas!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The birth of Jesus and time with my sweet family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mama's Red Velvet Peppermint Cake

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating my tree with Austin and drinking mulled wine.

17. What tops your tree? A giant bow.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving and then receiving :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)

20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I could live without them.

21 Favorite Christmas Show? Santa Claus - The Movie (dudley moore) circa 1980 film

22. Saddest Christmas Song? The Gift. I cry like a baby every time I hear it.

Go ahead, copy this post and fill it out on your blog.
Merry Christmas Ya'll!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ICE SKATING????!!!!!!! How did I not know this about you? Love Big A but Austin is wrong. You are athletic and like fun events...it's slippery learning, but if you have good balance, strong core and are in shape, you should get it pretty quick. It's fun and something new to do! Let's go ASAP!!!! Love you, N.

Lucy Sayles said...

Ok I am going to have to get the recipe for red velvet white chocolate peppermint cake if you are willing to share!

Granny Nanny said...

Just saw this and loved reading your memories! We are so blessed aren't we? Undeserved --- but very very blessed! Looking forward to Christmas with precious Cib, you all, your family, and my precious kids and kin! We are blessed with freedom to make every decision we must - I am thankful for that too! May Our Good Lord Continue to Richly Bless Us as He has been soooooo faithful to do in the past! I love you all- Forever - Granny Nanny!