Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A daddy's view on things

From Austin:
Last night was a great moment for me as a Dad. I felt my little baby Cib kick! I can't wait to meet the little guy. For now though we'll have to just have story time every night. I am somewhat jealous that Amber gets to feel him moving around all day, but as I told her, having to get up 3 times a night to pee because he's sitting on her bladder makes me less jealous.
From Amber:
I was shocked that Cib was willing to perform on command. I said, he is kicking! Austin said let me feel. He leaned down to talk to Cib with his hand on my stomach. Austin said "I love you Cib! Daddy loves you!" And Cib kicked! Austin's eyes immediately lit up. "Was that it!" He said...that was it. This is all too amazing to be real.

2 comments:

Granny Nanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny Nanny said...

Austin -
It is real! - a beautiful new chapter in your life. You will be a wonderful Daddy to Cib and those to come. I love you - forever - Mom